Friday, January 3, 2014

 Ok I am a little behind on updates...oops :)

Letter from 12/9/2013

Brrrrrrrrr. What a freezing cold week! Tuesday it snowed about six inches, and since then it really hasn't heated up to more than 20 degrees. Most of the time during the day its about 2 or 3 degrees outside. No bueno!



This is going to be a pretty short letter because I honestly cannot remember much on what happened this past week lol. I think the snow has taken over my mind. 
 
So Tuesday night we borrowed a couple of snow shovels, and went with the elders to clear some houses. It wasn't a lot of fun for me since I didn't have snow boots at the time, so it was super duper cold, but that's okay, the look of appreciation on the elderly people we helped made it all worth it. The next day though I went straight to Kohls so I can get some boots. They were even half off! Score :) 
 
Mom, I got your Christmas tree that you sent me three days ago. Thank you sooo much! I love it :) Now we have one in our study room, and one in my bedroom, so it's perfect. 
 
 
Wednesday at district meeting I gave my first training. Normally our district leader trains us, but he asked me to do it instead. I was really nervous, because you know how much I hate speaking in front of a lot of people, but I think I did pretty good. I was asked to train on how to do daily/weekly planning. At first I thought it was going to be a lame topic, but I talked a lot on how to align our will with His,  and that we need to prayerfully plan, since this is Heavenly Fathers work, and we need to include Him in it. The spirit was really strong in the room, and I think everyone, including myself, took a lot from it. 
 
Today is zone pday, and so all the missionaries are going to go bowling. Hopefully I don't suck too bad and remember some of the things I learned in bowling club freshmen year!
 
Is the house all ready for Christmas? And have you started your baking frenzy yet? Feel free to send some over my way if you want them out of the house :)
 
Love Sister Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment