Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Letter sent 8/26


Hello from Broomfield, CO!

My week has been super crazy, but I really do love it here. I'm all
settled in, and it feels like I’ve been here way longer than one
week. Right now we don’t have any investigators, because there were a
couple of baptisms right before I arrived, but we do have multiple
potentials that we plan on visiting again later in the week. As I said
earlier, we do focus a lot on inactive, which I think is great. We
have this one sister who asked to speak with us, so we met her at the
church. Turns out she is having trouble with the law of chastity and
felt she needed help. At first I felt so awkward, but once we started
talking it was way easier. We talked a lot about the atonement, and
asking for help from our Heavenly Father. I shared with her two
scriptures, Alma 7:11, and Matt 11:28-30. She really appreciated them
and actually had a strong desire to talk to her Father in Heaven again,
which is great because she hasn’t said a sincere prayer in years. This
really helped my confidence grow, because I feel like I don’t know the
scriptures well enough to help anyone, but the Spirit was definitely
there and helped bring remembrance to those passages.

And yes, I was at the broadcast the other month, Elder Beckstrand
basically forced me into going :) Tell him hi for me as well. We open
the church building every Friday from 2-5 pm for tours, but
unfortunately I haven’t gotten a chance to give one yet. On Sunday
though after church, the sister missionaries and the bishop were the
only ones left in the building, when this woman, Charlotte, walked in.
She said she wanted to know more about this church, because her friend
who isn’t even a member recommended us to her! She knows a little about
the church, but has some misconceptions about what we believe in. We
showed her this picture book that has photos of BOM stories, and of
Christ, and with Joseph Smith and the golden plates. She was
incredibly excited to learn more, and we were prepared to sit down and
give her a real lesson, when we found out she's not even in our ward
:/ She is in the ward with elder missionaries. Boo.

Like I told dad, my favorite scripture is changing every day. We study
in the morning for one hour for personal study, and two hours of
companion study. So I’m really getting to know the scriptures and my
lessons more. As of right now, my favorite scripture is D&C 6:33-37.

33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye
also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your
reward.

34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell
combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot
prevail.

35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more;
perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.

36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of
the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and
ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.


Every time I read it I can just feel the saviors love for me.

Regarding the letters you sent me about my bedspread and bike: Yes the
bedspread is perfect, I’m no longer cold in the mornings, nor am I too
hot. Thank you so much for sending it to me. The zone leaders brought
me my package while we were at the church building doing the tours.
Unfortunately it was a huge box, and we biked to the church building.
We had to beg the other sisters to come pick us up, but it’s so far out
of the way for them. They are the only ones who have a bike rack on
their car though. Oh and also, I don’t need a bike cushion or a
bag/basket. We're going to WalMart after this, and I’ll just pick one
up there with my personal debit card.

I love you all so much. Can’t wait to hear from you!
<3 Sister Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment