Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Letter from Sister Cannon 8/9/2013

Hello from the MTC!

These past few days have been insane, sorry I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and write you guys a letter. The spirit has been so strong here, I love it. Wednesday afternoon, immediately after I arrived, we met our districts and started classes. My two Teachers are amazing. Their names are Brother Lyons, and Sister Lamb, which made me giggle, because I thought of the picture of The Lion and The Lamb. I have already learned so incredibly much, and it only has been two and a half days.

My dorm room is stuffed full of sister missionaries. There are three sets of companions. My companion, Sister Hutto is the sweetest, I couldn't ask for a better companion. She is so strong in the spirit, and is such a joy to be around. I already love her like a sister, which is crazy for me since it only has been such a short amount of time. Unfortunately, she will be serving in a different mission than I am, she's serving in the Colorado Fort Collins mission, instead of Denver North.

Yesterday we all went to a great workshop titled "The People and our Purpose". We broke down the missionary purpose, which is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. Fun fact for you, I didn't have to look at anything when I just quoted the purpose since it's been repeated so many times, but that's alright we focused only on two aspects of the purpose, invite and help.It's really changed my outlook on what I'm supposed to be doing as a missionary.

Last night we met our Branch Presidency, who are such adorable old men and their wives. The spirit was super strong in the meeting. The president interviewed everyone in our zone, and I just found him hilarious, He reminds me of the little old man that plays chess in the beginning of Pixar movies ha.

Today (Friday) is our P-Day. It's the first chance I've had to sit down and breathe. I'm planning on doing nothing more than taking it easy and studying with my companion Sister Hutto. We were planning on going to the temple, but unfortunately the prov Temple has been closed, but next week it will be open, which is exciting. I just wanted to end this letter by sharing my testimony. I know with all my heart that this Church is true. That I was called by God to serve a mission in the Colorado Denver Area. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that it was correctly translated by the Prophet Joseph Smith, and that it brings so many blessing to those who read it. I have a strong testimony in missionary work. I know this is where I'm supposed to be, and I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve.

I love you all very much, and I miss you everyday. But I know that I am on the Lord's side, and he will always be there for me.

Love always,
Sister Cannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment