Saturday, August 24, 2013


Letter written Aug 15th 2013

Mi Madre!

Dear Elder is the best! It's perfect because this way I can sit down and read and think what I want to say instead of quickly reading through an email and typing like a madwoman.

I am glad to hear that you have been getting so many missionary moments(I had let her know that quite a few non members had asked questions because of her serving) Maybe you will end up converting just as many as I will!

Today was just great. I feel like I say that all the time but it's true! Today was p-day so I did tons of laundry, wrote emails, and just relaxed. It's been so insanely busy here so it was good to have downtime.

This afternoon I did a session at the Temple. I feel like the outside looks like a birthday cake but the inside is completely gorgeous and huge! The hallways went on for miles or so it felt...

One of our teachers, Sister Lyons, is a Temple worker so she took my district on a tour inside the Temple. We went to a couple of the sealing rooms, so pretty!

This evening my companion and I made a huge breakthrough with our investigator Qion. I talked a lot about him in my e3mail I sent  out today(I think I posted it earlier, if not I will do so)but this is even better. We focused our lesson on simply that God loves & blesses us. That He, like any father, wants to hear from us, and so we invited him to pray and ask Heavenly Father two specific questions that he had and he said yes! Afterwards he said he felt at peace when he was done praying. This is such a huge breakthrough to someone who never even heard of God before. I'm so grateful that we were finally reaching to him, and that he's on the path to come to Christ. Sister Hutto and I are basically giddy right now because the first two lessons with him were so rough. But that's okay it just encouraged us to work so much harder on our lessons.

I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. I've learned sooo much about the Gospel and that as learn more it will help my investigators more. So now I am studying as hard as I can. My testimony has strengthened as well. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died for me personally; I know that I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father and that he loves and blesses me daily. I know I can perform miracles as a missionary and I cannot wait to be in Colorado & officially start my mission.

Well it's past 11 again. Sister Hutto and I are horrible at keeping our bedtime. Our Branch President actually talked to us about it because we both mentioned in our weekly letters to him that it was something we needed to work on.

I love you tons!
Sister Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment