Saturday, August 24, 2013


Letter written Aug 13,2013

Hello again from the MTC!

So much has happened since I last wrote. I don't even remember everything and I am having to look at my schedule to jog my memory!

My companion Sister Hutto and I were made companion Trainer Missionaries. One of our main responsibilities is on Wednesday we give a tour to all the new sisters in our zone and answer any questions. We have 12 new sisters coming in tomorrow! It's all very exciting! Also on Sunday almost the entire MTC walked up to the Provo Temple. We took a lot of pictures (some are posted)
For relief society the Primary General President, Sister Wixon, spoke to us about knowing Christ and knowing that He and our Father n Heaven loves us. It was perfect. The spirit was so strong.

For our devotional on Sunday night we watched the best talk ever! A couple of years ago David A Bednar came to speak to the missionaries on Christmas. The talk was recorded but only missionaries are allowed to watch it. Apparently the President of the Provo MTC wanted to show it to his family and he wasn't allowed. The talk was titled The Character of Christ. It is all about how Christ turned outward with love, compassion, & service while the world turns inward & focuses on their own problems. Bednar gave an example of after the Garden of Gethsemane, when the guards ear was cut off. Jesus healed the guard, a minor wound compared to the agony that he suffered. I don't know. it just hit me...

I wrote most of this letter this morning and now it is past bedtime (oops) got both your letters today mom and you were asking how it was going. Well its great. I  absolutely love it here. I've learned so incredibly much about the gospel and I can't wait until I leave for Colorado.

I got my travel plans today as well. We leave the MTC Monday morning at 3:30am my flight leaves at 7:30am, and I am able to call home during that time(this would be the call we missed because we received this letter that day in the mail) so expect an early call, I can't wait to hear from you (made me sad)...

I wasn't able to go into the Provo Temple as it was closed and due to reopen after I leave. You asked if I knew anyone serving in my mission and the answer is yes. Two sisters in my district, Sisters Pack  and Fulmer are going as well. Everyone else in my district will be in the Fort Collins mission.

Every Tuesday night the MTC has a special devotional. just like BYU does. We all walked to the Marriot center. My district and I got to sing in the choir, which was tons of fun. We sang Jesus Once of Humble Birth and we sounded really great! It really invited the Spirit to the devotional. Our speaker was Richard G Scott, it was so surreal. I'm practically giddy from being able to hear an Apostle speak. His talk was about communication with our Heavenly Father. One quote from the talk really stuck out to me. Elder Scott said Heavenly Father did not put us on this earth to fail, but to succeed gloriously. How great is that quote!

Well its almost midnight and if I don't go to bed now I will be destroyed tomorrow. I love you all so much and can't wait to get more letters. I have been bragging to everyone that I have the cutest nieces and nephews so tell Dyan to send pictures immediately!

Love you lots
Sister Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment