Saturday, August 24, 2013

Letter from Sister Cannon dated Aug 9th...

Hi Dad!
The first couple days here have been amazing. Everywhere has just been so full of the spirit.
Your right, I was put right to work. As soon as I was checked in, I was immediately placed into a classroom. I think we learned the first day to learn how to study. I'm actually not even sure, it seems like so long ago. I've only been here two and a half days, but it seems like a week or more, that's how long the days here are. But its okay, I love it. I love learning about the gospel, I love my companion, my district and zone are all very close.
I keep having trouble with calling the missionaries Elders and Sisters. I keep wanted to just say Hey Guys, or something to that effect. We actually had a small lesson on that though, and we learned that calling the missionaries the appropriate title is a form of respect, because they worked hard to get that name, After that class it was a lot easier.
 
I've never studied so hard in my life. We have so much time to do personal study, and even more time to companion study.
Yesterday we did this amazing team companion experience thing. We had one investigator, and about twenty missionaries had to group teach the one investigator. It was really awesome. I actually stood up a couple of times to say something relevant. I'm glad I wasn't too nervous to stand up, because the investigator looked really receptive to what I was saying.
 
I did drink the orange juice. It was nasty. I only took about two sips before I had to put it away, so you'll have to tell Jason that the internet is apparently right.
 
I only have about fifteen minutes left on the computer, and I have a few other emails to write, but I wanted to let everyone know that I love them all very much, and I'm so grateful for all the wonderful support that I've received. I cant wait to hear from everyone, and PLEASE WRITE LETTERS. I can check and write snail mail every day, but email only once a week. I want to hear how everyone is doing, and tell Dyan I want pictures of the kids as often as possible :)
 
Love you!
-Sister Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment