Sunday, January 4, 2015

Letter from 12/29/2014 sorry we were in the middle of moving and didn't get a chance to post....

HELLO!
I hope you all had a great Christmas! I know I did :)



Quick run through of the events. Woke up at the horrible hour of 530, so that we had time to get ready and open presents before breakfast. We had breakfast at 7 am with some other sister missionaries, we had yummy hash browns, bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls. Super good.

Then we got to Skype home! Man, it was so incredibly great to see everyone. Hanging up was the hardest thing, I wanted to talk to you guys all day long. Good thing it isn't too much longer till I get to see everyone again! 

After skyping, we went to the church and watched the first movie of the day. We got permission from President to watch 2 movies Christmas day! We had to choose them from an approved list, but there was a ton to choose from. 

The first movie we watched was Elf. :) So funny! Then we had dinner with the Jones, with all the traditional Christmas foods. Then we came home, and watched Tangled :) I forgot how fantastic that movie was. And that basically was our Christmas day :) It was pretty great considering.

We saw a lot of little miracles this past week. I am so grateful I came out on a mission. The opportunity it has given me to have a better relationship with my Heavenly Father, and my Savior Jesus Christ, makes it all worth it.
This Christmas season, being away from home, has had me rely on that Love from Him so much, and I'm so grateful for that.

Dad mentions how much I'm counting down to when I go home. Yes, I am super aware of how little time I have left, but I also know that its so much time for more miracles to happen. My goal at the end of my mission, whenever that may be ha ha, is to be able to say, as Paul said, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" (2 Timothy 4:7)

Love you all sooo much! Thanks for all the support while I've been out, there is no way I could do this without you.

Also, shoutout to Sister Pike! I got your package this week, thank you so much for the wonderful pillowcase :)
Totally made my day! Thank you!

<3 Sister Jessica Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment