Monday, December 1, 2014

Letter from 11/24/2014

Transfers are today! I didn't get transferred, looks like i'll be in this ward till the end of my mission haha. Sister Hoemann left to Straasburg. And this transfer I'll be in a trio, with Sister Harker and Sister Brooks, for three weeks. Sis Brooks goes home on the 15th, so she's with us just for a bit.
 
This week was soooo slow. It was finals week at DU, so basically our entire teaching pool canceled on us so they can study. That was a lot of fun..
So I don't really have a lot to report on :( sorry !
 
Oh! One super awesome thing about this week is that Damien had his interview for receiving the priesthood, he gets the Aaronic prieshood on Sunday! And during the interview he also had his temple interview, he goes to the temple to do baptisms on December 3rd! AND on top of that, he got interviewed to receive his patriarchal blessing! SO COOL. This guy is going to be an amazing member, let me tell you.
 
There is this less active member in the ward who knows how much I love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate. So for me "going away present" she made me a 10lb reeses peanut butter cake! So good! So evil haha. We hate like two slices, and then gave it to the Elders.


 
Today we had to drop another sister off in Parker for transfers. When we were leaving, I saw Sister Mathis, one of my most favorite members of the Dove Valley ward, walking her dogs. We pulled over so I can talk to her for a little bit, it was so good to see her!
 
That's pretty much the highlights of my week. Pretty lame I know.
Love you! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment