Monday, August 4, 2014

Letter as of July 28th

Can I just say, that I love it here? Serving Metro Denver is so fun. It was pretty much a huge culture shock from going from super white, rich people of Parker, to super diverse fun people in Denver. For example, I'm teaching someone from mainland China, someone from Mexico, Jamaica, Saudi Arabia, and Alabama.... Okay well the last one isn't "diverse" but her accent is pretty great.
 
I live in an apartment! Super excited about that. We have a kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. We even have our own washer, dryer, and a dishwasher. Totally spoiled :) I love living in an apartment. I always felt like I had to tiptoe around the members. I'll have to send you pictures of the apartment next week.
 
Elder Rhodes of the Seventy ran our ward council meeting yesterday. He asked for our missionary planners and he basically yelled at the council because of all the open hours we had haha.
 
I miss the safe feeling I always had in Parker. Definitely don't feel that way in Denver, but its all good. Sister Vest knows the area pretty well, and which areas to stay away from. They have a voodoo doughnuts here downtown! I'll have to see how it compares to Portlands.
 
How have ya'lls missionary efforts been going? Thank you so much for keeping me, my companion, and our investigators in your prayers. They are definitely felt and very appreciated.

Tell everyone who wrote me a letter, THANK YOU! It really did make my day....
 
Love you all so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much!
<3 Sister Jessica Cannon




I asked her for her new favorite scripture and her reply was...
New favorite scripture I guess is 1 Nephi 11:17. It changes day by day by day. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment