Monday, August 11, 2014

Letter as of 8/11/2014



Hello from the crazy streets of Denver!

This past week has been so amazing. We taught more this week than the last two weeks combined. Man its been awesome.

Guess what guess what guess what? My favorite investigator in my last area, David (Brookes friend) is getting baptized in 4 weeks! Whats even cooler than that is we found out he actually lives in Maplewood boundaries! We knew he didn't live in Parker, just didn't realize he lived so close to us. 3 blocks away actually haha. So I get to teach him again! So pumped about that.

Today for PDay we are going shopping at the 16th street mall. Its a really cool mall downtown that has random pianos on the sidewalks so anyone can stop and play them. I might amaze everyone around me with my skills of playing row row row your boat. :)

We went on exchanges this past week. I stayed in my area, with sister hardy. I served with her before, in the Denver north zone.  It went really well. I absolutely love exchanges. I wasn't super duper excited that I stayed in the area, because I feel like I don't know it at all. Dove Valley was one mile by three miles. Maplewood is probably 20 miles top to bottom. Definitely an adjustment for sure.

President Mendenhall came to our sacrament meeting yesterday. He had meetings in our area, and so he wasn't able to take the sacrament in his home ward. He's growing on me. I think i'm starting to like him haha.

Thursday I officially hit my year mark. Downhill from here I suppose. :) Just kidding I love serving  a mission and I never want to leave :)

How are things on the homefront? Hope everything is well!

Love you all sooo much.
<3 Sister Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment