Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Letter as of 4/21

Happy Easter!!

Hope everyone had a great Easter Sunday. I sure did! Mom, I got your package Saturday night, so it was great timing! Thank you soo much! Definitely made our day. :) 

When we woke up Sunday morning, there was another Easter basket on the table, to the both of us from Sister Orr, our host mom. She's seriously the best. 

Church was really great, but the miracle happened right before it started. This less active that we having been working a lot with, Kim, was planning on going to church, but she has soo many health problems, its ridiculous. She was in a lot of a pain, and could barely walk. We called her 15 minutes before church started, and she told us she wouldn't be able to make it :( We asked her if she wanted to get a priesthood blessing, and she paused for a long time, thought she hung up at first, but then she finally answered and said Yes but she didn't want to ask for one. We told her we would be there in less than 10 minutes with a priesthood holder, and she was so grateful. We asked our ward mission leader to come, and one set of the elders, so we hustled right over there and got her that blessing :) She still didn't come to church, but her asking for that blessing was so huge for her, so it was so great.

After church we went to a members home for easter dinner. it was sooo good. As soon as we finished eating, we had to run to our second dinner appointment. This time it was with an awesome less active, Brooke, and her mom. Definitely ate wayyy too much. After dinner we dyed some cute easter eggs. my turned out pretty good! I was pretty surprised, I don't even remember the last time I had done that.


 
So the other night I had Tofu for the first time :( Yeup, definitely could have gone the rest of life without eating that.   It was kind of funny because we were talking to the member who was feeding us, and she was saying how she was going vegan. I said "That's funny since your holding a pot of meat..." she replied with "Oh its not meat! :)" I was almost scared to ask what it was... So we had a taco salad thing, but the "meat" was tofu, the dressing had tofu in it, and the chocolate pudding for dessert had tofu in it. I was trying soo hard not to be sick from it. Yeah, not a huge fan. I think it was worse than the cow intestine soup I had a couple of months ago...
 
This past week my sleep schedule has gotten so out of wack. So last sunday I had to wake up ridiculously early for that 6am meeting I told you about. And then on Wednesday we were able to go to the temple! But we went to the 5:30am session, so we had to wake up at 4 :( But it was so worth it since I was able to watch the newest temple video! It was so so so great, definitely my favorite. I learned so much from it.



 
Transfers are next week! We find out Saturday whats happening. I don't think me and siter falke will stay together for a 3rd transfer, but i'm not sure which one of us will be transferred. Also, we are moving this Saturday to a new house. Sister Orr needs a break from housing missionaries, she's been doing it forever. I'm ready to leave her house, as great as she is, I'm done with the 3 cats and 2 dogs. New adventure here we come!
 
I love you all so much! Thanks for all the support, it means the world to me.

P.S. Yeah I also got to try cow intestine soup, called Menudo? I don't know, its a Mexican dish. Not a fan....

No comments:

Post a Comment