Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Letter as of 4/7/2014



Hi from Parker!
 
Conference was so so great! Definitely the pick-me-up I needed, and I felt like the speakers were speaking directly to me. I don't know, I've been struggling a little bit in this area, and so the talks really helped me.
 
The work here is pretty slow, and I sometimes feel like I'm not making a difference here in Dove Valley. I mean sure, we teach 20 lessons a week, but like 17 of those lessons are with members. Me and Sister Falke have been trying to think of new ideas we can do with the ward, but I feel like we are in a rut and don't know how to get out. I know it will get better soon, I just don't like this inbetween time.
 
But then I think of President Uchtdorfs words about being grateful during trials and I try to have a more positive attitude. "How many times have we waited for the rainbows without being grateful for the rain". Rains great. Reminds me of Seattle :) 
 
Speaking of Seattle, amore specifically Federal Way, there is a family in my ward here, The Spransys, and they used to be members of the Dash Point ward! They were there when Bro. Phipps was bishop. So crazy!
 
Im so glad I decided to serve a mission, I really have learned so much and seen so many miracles.
 
I love you so much!
Love, Sister Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment