Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Letter as of 11/03/2014

What up! Best week ever.

DAMIEN GOT BAPTIZED :) Man it was seriously the best baptismal service I have ever been to. The Spirit was so incredibly strong.

Besides Damien, we had two other investigators at church. Both of them went up and shared their testimony in fast&testimony meeting. It definitely made my heart melt.

The work here is exploding. It has been so fun to see, because 4 months ago when I first got here, we had like no work. Miracles are real, that's for sure.
 
Halloween was a ton of fun. Me and S. Hoemann did melting crayon art. I actually like how mine turned out! Then the sisters came over (they actually snuck in through the back door and attacked us with a nerf gun fight) Super duper fun. Just for kicks and giggles we each put on the Harry Potter snuggie (thanks for sending that!!) and acted out spells. Total dorks I know, but what else can we do on Halloween? :)



 
Last night we "heart attacked" a couple of doors. We cut out a bajillioin hearts on colored construction paper and taped them on their doors. I forgot my camera so we didn't get any pictures of it :/ One of the recent converts in the ward, who honestly is my favorite person ever, Katie, texted us late last night and said someone decorated her door and it made her life.

Haha man I love random acts of kindness :)

That's our focus in our companionship this transfer. Something that both of us try and do often is leave WILBYC notes to each other. (Why I Love Being Your Companion) They range from dorky, hilarious things, to something heartfelt. Its really helped us bond which has been a lot of fun.


 
We've been reading the Book of Mormon together as a zone. I can't remember if I told you or not, but the plan is to start and finish the entire book this transfer. We are up to page 266, which is the middle of Alma. its so weird that we are zooming through it so fast, 14 pages a day, but its been great. It helps us to remember to talk about the book of mormon more often when we talk to people on the street. We are supposed to hand out one a day, but we most often forget to haha. Last night we had like 10 minutes till we had to be home, and so we were a little desperate since we hadn't handed one out yet. So the first person I saw, I went up and told him we were giving away free books. Probably not the most spiritual experience, but maybe he'll be curious enough to read it. :D
 
Anywhoosies, love you so so so so so so so so so so much!
<3 Sister Jessica Cannon

Last week we did crayon art on p-day, here is mine....

No comments:

Post a Comment