Friday, October 24, 2014

Letter as of 10/20/14

Good morning from Denver!

Its been a hard week, not going to lie. But it still astounds me that when everything, and I mean everything, goes wrong, you are still able to feel love from the Lord. Its fantastic.

Basically, in a nut shell, almost every single lesson we had set canceled. Struggles of flaky young single adults haha. And the two investigators we had on baptismal date both dropped us. That was pretty hard to accept, but I guess its not their time. Our teaching pool is back to slim pickings.

Do you remember Cheri, a woman who I taught in Parker, but dropped us two weeks before her baptism because her husband wouldn't let her join the church? I saw her on Sunday! She came to the Denver stake Stake Conference. Turns out she is meeting with missionaries again! Ahhh, that is so wonderful! She says I'm the only missionary she can remember from the past. :) I gave her a Gospel of Jesus Christ footsteps to the celestial kingdom object lesson, and she says she uses it with her grandchildren all the time. It made me so incredibly happy! I total forgot to take a picture with her. Hopefully i'll get to see her again!
 
The good thing is that me and sister Hoemann get along very well. Its been a lot of fun getting to know her, and her weird quirks. Turns out she sleep talks.. but I don't think she believed me when I told her that hahaha.
 
We spent a good while downtown this week, trying to find people to teach. While we were walkin around, we took some pictures next to some of the weird stuff you find in a artsy city. Hence the giant broom, the cows, and the small horse on a large chair. Enjoy.




 
Would it be weird if I asked if you sent me my harry potter snuggie? we have some fun plans for Halloween, but I don't want to have to go out and buy a lot of stuff. :)

Thanks! Your the best haha.
 
Love you all thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much

Peace and blessings!
Sister Jessica Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment