Monday, September 8, 2014

Letter as of 9/8/2014


I never know how to start these things.

Uhhhh. I honestly don't even remember what happened this past week.

I left my planner at home so I cant even look at the days so see what we did, sorry :)

oh! Saturday night we went contacting in a super sketchy apartment complex. We asked a man for directions to a building, and then gave him a book of Mormon. On our way back to the car, we met his roommate and gave him a book of Mormon as well. We invited them both to church, not really thinking much of it. Well the roommate, Jesric, actually read from the book, and every scripture he came to talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy haha. So he showed up to church! And after two or three people bore their testimony at fast&testimony meeting, he decided he needed to go up there as well. Man we were a little nervous because he is pretty rough around the edges, but he did great! Too bad after sacrament we found out he is 32, so we have to pass him off to the family missionaries. Lame. Oh well, still one point to team Jesus.

Man. I seriously cannot think what to write. I swear I've been staring at the compute screen for 20 minutes trying to think. :)

Something that I came across in my personal studies stood out to me. I was studying consecration, and read the story of the rich young ruler, in Matt 19:16-22. The man asked Christ how he could have eternal life, but wasn't willing to give up everything for it. Then comparing this to the story of King Lamoni's Father, in Alma 22:15, where KLF asked the very same question, how do I have eternal life, and he was willing to give up everything, even his entire kingdom for it. Its really amazing because just 3 chapters prior, in Alma 20:23, his life was only worth half of his kingdom. King Lamonis Father started to understand total consecration. Its been something I've been studying a lot, how to become a consecrated missionary. Its so hard with so many distractions around me everywhere I go, but that's my goal.

I love that I have these powerful examples in the scriptures to follow. Really helps my testimony grow when I can see how to apply them in my daily life. 



How are your scripture studies going? :)
 
Love you to the moon and back.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment