Monday, June 9, 2014

Letter as of 6/2/2014
 
Hola de Parker, Colorado!
 
Its been super hot this past week! In the 80s everyday. This coming week looks like it will be about the same. Finally starting to get my tan back! About time :)
 
Cheri finally came to church! She absolutely loved it, and she cant wait to be baptized. She's progressing more and more each day. She loves the Book of Mormon, she loves the plan of salvation, and each day she's getting a stronger and stronger testimony. Her only hold up right now is that she isn't sure Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson are Prophets, but I know that will come with time. Rome wasn't built in a day. :)
 
Its been a really crazy week actually. Weird stuff keeps happening. Monday we met with this super crazy man, Steven. He's less active (I'd go so far as say completely inactive) He just preached at us for over an hour. Each time we would try and leave he would basically yell at us to sit down and let him finish. It was a little intimidating, but we ended up just standing up and walking away without saying a closing prayer. Definitely wont go visit him again anytime soon- we'll let the Elders handle him for now on even though he's in our area of the ward lol.
 
Saturday morning was pretty eventful. The woman who we live with, her niece was staying with us for a week until she can be sober enough to enter into a rehab. Well Courtney, the niece, ended up leaving randomly on Wednesday, and we thought she ran off. Well she came back Saturday to grab her stuff, but she was obviously high on something. Our member wasn't home so we helped Courtney pack us her stuff and put it in the car. We found out that she hadn't had anything to eat really since she left, so we quickly made her a bagel and some yogurt with granola in it for the rode. She was a little hysterical for a little bit, so we offered to pray with her, and she was really grateful for it. She told us she was checking herself in to rehab that day, but I don't really think she did unfortunately.
 
 After she left we went back to our studies. Part of companionship study is that we recite a couple of things. Our Purpose as Missionaries, D&C4, The Standard of Truth, The First Vision, and Our Commission. As I was reciting Our Commission ((I am called of God. My authority is above that of the Kings of the Earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place. To say and do what he himself would say and do if he were personally ministering among the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts. My words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living, modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter day work. How great is my calling! -Bruce R McConkie)) the Spirit just hit me very strong as I was saying this. I just wanted to help Courtney, and love her, even though she had track marks up and down her arms. I really hope she did up in Rehab. She has a lot of kids that are waiting for her to turn her life around.
 
I truly love being a missionary. I Can't believe how much I have learned in the past 10 months that I've been gone.
 
On Wednesday the whole mission is getting together, President and Sister Toombs will be addressing us for the final time before they head home in a couple of weeks. I cant believe they are leaving, its so incredibly weird, and honestly I haven't processed it yet. Not looking forward to telling them bye. But there daughter lives in Puyallup, and they said we could get together when I get home :)
Love you all so so much. Have a fantastically wonderful, awesomely amazing week! :)
 
Love Sister Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment