Monday, December 2, 2013

Letter as of 11/25/2013

What an insane week. We taught 28 lessons this week, which is such a miracle.
 
Things have been going really good in the Woodglen ward, there is so much work to be done here, I love being able to teach so many people. 
 
John 21 is one of my favorite chapters in the bible. After Christ died, Peter decides he wants to "go a fishing" and bring five other apostles with him. They go out to sea, but catch nothing until a stranger on the shore tell the fishermen to cast their nets on the right side. Doing so, they catch so many fish that there nets start to break. Heading back to shore, Peter recognizes the stranger as Jesus, and rushes to him. Jesus has a fire and fish waiting for them, and pulls Peter aside and asks him if he loves Him more than everything else. Peter replies saying Yes Lord, you know that I love you. Christ then tells him to feed his sheep. He then asks Peter the same question twice more, and Peter replies the same. Christ tells him again that if he loved Him, he would feed His sheep.
 
Luke 22 is my favorite rendition of the denial, because it does mention Peter making eye contact after he denied Christ. 
Luke 22 is my second favorite chapter of the bible actually, because of the Garden scene. I love how it is the only one that mentions an Angel comes to strengthen Christ after he prays. We had a huge training on it actually. As soon as Christ aligned his will with The Father, then he was blessed and strengthened. And we consecrate ourselves fully to Gods will, then we will be blessed as well. 
 
I've been reading the Old Testament every morning. It is so hard to get through. One of my zone leaders gave me some really great advice though- as you read, underline the words of Christ/God because then you pay attention to what he is saying more fully, and you ask yourself why was it so important that he spoke those particular words. Its helped out soooo much, because I couldn't get past all the incest and the like.
 
Every time I read this story I have to ask myself, Do I truly love Him? And if so, how do I show it? 
I've been working a lot on showing my love for Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father, because I know that is how I will be able to feel His love, and be able to share that love with others. As I've been having problems with my companion, I have been studying a lot of charity/love, and boy do I have a lot to improve on. I know that President has placed me with Sis. Sprague for a reason, and I just have to figure out why. Maybe to learn how to have patience, and how to love someone. 
 
Her Dad asked her if she had any scriptural questions and she replied...
 
I just started Exodus, so I haven't gotten into the extremely heavy stuff yet. I'll let you know if I do have questions.
 
Have you read Jesus the Christ yet? When I first started it I had a hard time because of the writing style, but I absolutely love it now. I'm about 2/3 of the way through, and its amazing on how much I have learned about Christ from it. I read it every morning for about 20 or so minutes.  If you haven't read it- do so!
 
Its been snowing a lot this past week- and its been so cold. I never thought I'd say I miss Seattle weather. Two days ago we built a little snowman with our investigators daughter. Jeremy Dean is a single dad that has the two most adorable kids ever, Emily (7) and Olivia (5). We were tracting his apartment when we saw them all outside playing in the snow, so we decided to play with them. We were in our proselyting clothes, making snowmen, while teaching the restoration. Definitely one of the more interesting lessons I've had :)
 
So two weeks ago, we accidentally left our members plate that we borrowed for cookies at a stake center an hour away. Sis. Compton (age 75) got really mad at us, and told us we needed to get the plate back or else, basically. You know how old people get attached to their stuff... Well anyway we called like 12 people having them search for the plate, since we thought some relief society member brought it home, but no one found it. So today we ended up driving all the way over there, and we looked for two seconds and we found it... I was pretty upset but I was also extremely glad we found it. Just wish we didn't have to waste an hour of our time this morning and a ton of our miles.
 
On Thanksgiving we have 4 dinners... One at 1pm, 3pm, 4pm, and 6pm. I'm going to die from food ha-ha. We tried getting more, but no luck. We can only spend out hour each at a members home, which I'm bummed about because I don't want to proselyte on Thanksgiving. Its pretty hard being away from home for the Holidays, I hate that I'll be gone for 2 thanksgivings, and 2 Christmas's. Who all is coming to the house?
 
 
 
Anywhoooo, I love you all very much, and I hope you have a fantastic week!
 
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love Sis. Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment