Saturday, November 16, 2013

Letter as of 11/11/2013

This has been such a great week.

We found 3 new investigators in the Broadlands ward! In addition to the four last week, we now have 8 investigators we are teaching, which is so huge for us.
Miracles have been happening  here in CO.
 
 
So Friday night we found out that Sis. Mataitusi is training a brand new greenie this transfer, and on Saturday I found out that I'm getting transferred to a different stake.
 
 
 
 
                                        Hot Chocolate break for the last time before transfers...
 
Saturday night all the sisters in the zone gathered for an impromptu transfer doctrine. Normally when we find out where everyone is going, we meet together as a stake in the evening, so we can bear our testimonies and say goodbye to everyone. Well our zone leaders decided to just send out a mass voicemail instead, in order to "make our last hour productive". Yeah no thanks. Instead all the sisters met together like I said so we could listen to the voicemail together. Hearing my name be mentioned with moving areas freaked me out, but like I said this area is so great.
 
 
I am now serving in the Denver North Stake, Woodglenn Ward. My new companion is Sis. Rylee Sprague, and she is so great. She is the sweetest person ever, and she made me breakfast this morning while I was in the shower :)
 
The Woodglenn ward is about 6 times larger than my last ward, and we have so much work to do here.  We have around 250 active members, and over 600 less actives. HOLY COW. We also have 12 investigators, with four of them set for baptism. We are so incredibly busy, which I love. 
It was a little scary being transferred, since I've always been in the same district, and same companion, but I can tell I\I'm going to really like this area. 
 
Since we are so busy we teach an average of 25 or so lessons a week.. my last area was like 12. Whooh I love that I'm finally able to teach.
 
 I moved from an area that was super affluent to an area that needs some TLC, so its going to be interesting.
 
 
 
                        
 
                     A picture of 2 of the Laurels that have been going out with us...
  
I hope everyone is doing super well! I miss all of you tons.
 
Love, Sis. Cannon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment